Lead Engineer - Systems Engineering
- GE Aviation - 280 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
In the Systems Engineer position, you will perform and provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware / software for aviation-based systems. You will obtain and demonstrate domain expertise and skills in the Stores Management System product and Reference Products. You will provide technical input to other personnel supporting complex projects and or tasks with demonstrated leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for these product lines. You will be performing in a role that requires strong analytical, problem solving, written and oral communication skills. The Systems Engineer must be self-motivated, willing to learn, detail-oriented, and able to work collaboratively with others in a process-centric environment.
In addition, as the Systems Engineer, you will:
- Gain expert level of product knowledge and application
- Provide design and specification development support to consultants, integrators, and distributors
- Plan and execute system verification and validation activities for complex systems
- Perform system integration activities for SMS and Reference Products
- Collaborate with the development teams to establish solution architectures for our product suite and the needs of our customers
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs / RFPs
- Listen to, understand, and convey customer requirements
- Ensure developed solutions satisfy customer and business requirements
- Aid in the development of strategic roadmaps
- Proactively initiate engagement with support groups for review concurrence and compliance in: Hardware, Software, Quality Assurance, Safety, Reliability, Maintainability & Testability, Manufacturing and Test
- Document your scope of the project details and maintain a constant communication flow with management and support groups to ensure all stakeholders stay current
- Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives
- Provide status of ongoing projects and future projects
- Identify customer's needs and sales opportunities to help future growth
- Develop in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline.
- Execute policy/strategy using prior experience and acquired technical expertise.
- Propose different solutions outside of set parameters using some level of judgment with guidance.
- Solve straightforward tasks using prior experience and on-the-job training.
- Use technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems.
- Use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- Ability to travel 10%
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in avionics systems integration)
- Understanding of avionics power, data bus, and other electrical interfaces
- Understanding of requirements development, allocation, and verification
- Knowledge of embedded processing technologies including micro-controllers, micro-processors, and system-on-chip devices
- Comprehension of architectural, mechanical and electrical drawings and have a solid understanding of electrical and mechanical systems
- Effective communication, Interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience within the hardware domain and embedded software design
- Familiarity with Military interface and environmental standards such as MIL-STD-1553, MIL-STD-1760, MIL-STD-461, and MIL-STD-810
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics p
- Full time
Posted 1 May 2021
Closes 30 May 2021
This job was posted to: Product support