Senior Finance Manager - Airports
- easyJet - 24 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
Senior Finance Manager
easyJet has been decisive in meeting the challenges presented by the current pandemic by cutting costs, reducing our capex while retaining our fleet flexibility and securing an additional £2bn in funding. As Europe emerges from the Covid-19 crisis, easyJet is well placed to strengthen its leading position as a trusted brand offering value for money with an industry-leading network of primary airports.
Our culture, known as our orange spirit, is a real thing. It's people who love to work with fast paced, quick thinking and energetic people. You need to have resilience to work here (as recent events have shown) but the experience you gain is like no other.
Reporting to the Head of Operations Finance, this is a key management role within the team and provides complete financial ownership for all business unit related costs. This role will also be responsible for a team, to support and deliver the activities under the leadership of this role. This role also sits within the wider Operations Management Team and is a key business partnering role.
- Purpose of this role is to be the end to end finance contact for the business unit and provide complete financial management and ownership for these areas
- The role provides a business partnership between the business owners and the financial performance of easyJet
- This includes month end deliverables, Strategic and Annual planning, forecasts, projects and providing insightful analysis for the business
- The role provides both current and future performance analysis and gives guidance on Forecasts, Budgets and 5yr plans
- The role works collaboratively with the business area to drive and monitor the cost saving initiatives supporting the overall strategic plan, identifying key threats, opportunities and remedial action
- Accountability for ensuring business delivery and performance and for driving action where performance does not meet business requirements.
Provides a true Business Partner framework for all related areas of the Operations Team and People Team ensuring that the business owners are supported with the right insight and information. This role is a sounding board, counsel and confidant for the Operational leadership team responsible for each area of the business.
Business Performance and Analytical support :
- Develops and delivers presentations to senior executives regarding business performance and metrics that impact business outcomes
- Ownership for monthly detailed analysis and insight into the cost base which can be used to drive business performance and improve the cost base
- Responsibility for accurate weekly P&L and cash forecasting into consolidated model
- Develops and owns creation of budget pack detailing variances and strategy by country for presentation to senior management
- Provides financial evaluation and acts as finance lead for ad-hoc projects and cost saving initiatives
- Forecasts future outcomes and impacts including half year and full year guidance to Head of Operations Finance
Financial Accounting & control:
- Has responsibility for all control, accounting and reporting activities for costs within business unit
- Ensuring the financial accuracy of the Group and entity Balance sheet for all areas of responsibility; including the timely production and review of all balance sheet reconciliations and journals in accordance with easyJet accounting policies
- Generates full month end analysis detailing variances to plan and tracking the effectiveness of cost saving initiatives for business unit
- Responsible for the review and presentation of month end reporting packs and consolidated commentary for business unit
- Ensuring the RACM matrix is updated and all evidence of controls are saved in a central location
- Support Internal audit investigation across business unit
People Leadership, Relationships and Influence
- Providing leadership of the team as part of the Operations Finance team.
- Leading and motivating the wider Finance department through effective cross functional (Intra Finance) relationships.
- Leading a team of finance professionals that are competent in the selection and application of appropriate analysis and modelling techniques for business performance management.
- Full time
Posted 30 Apr 2021
Closes 30 May 2021
This job was posted to: Airline finance