Finance Manager - Projects
- easyJet - 24 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
FINANCE MANAGER - PROJECTS
easyJet has been decisive in meeting the challenges presented by the current pandemic by cutting costs, reducing our capex while retaining our fleet flexibility and securing an additional £2bn in funding. As Europe emerges from the Covid-19 crisis, easyJet is well placed to strengthen its leading position as a trusted brand offering value for money with an industry-leading network of primary airports.
Our culture, known as our orange spirit, is a real thing. It's people who love to work with fast paced, quick thinking and energetic people. You need to have resilience to work here (as recent events have shown) but the experience you gain is like no other.
As a key member of the Central Financial Planning & Analysis team, this role will report into the Senior Finance Manager for IT & Projects providing financial ownership for the finance relating to Investment Project's. This role sits within the wider Financial Planning & Analysis team and is a key business partnering role.
- Purpose of this role is to be the finance contact for the Portfolio and Change team and provide complete financial management and ownership for this area
- The role provides a business partnership between the business owners (Portfolio and Change team, and the Investment Committee) and the financial performance of easyJet
- This includes month end deliverables, Strategic and Annual planning, forecasts and providing insightful analysis for the business
- The role provides both current (actuals) and future performance analysis and gives guidance on Forecasts, Budgets and 5yr plans
- The role works collaboratively with both the Portfolio and Change team and the Investment Committee to drive and monitor the both effective cost control and maximising project benefits supporting the overall strategic plan, identifying key threats, opportunities and remedial action
- Take the lead as a business partner for the critical Digital Safety Programme
Provides a true Business Partner framework to the Portfolio and Change team ensuring that the business owners are supported with the right insight and information. Strong business partnering with cross functional stakeholders including wider finance team and individual Project Managers to ensure seamless communication and integrity of results and forecasts.
Business Performance and Governance support :
- Ownership for monthly detailed analysis and insight into project finances which can be used to drive business performance and improve the cost base and maximise project benefits
- Ownership of the preparation of accurate forecasting for the annual budget, five year plan and the weekly consolidated PBT model
- Preparation of a monthly reporting pack for the Investment Committee
- Oversees a governance framework, including responsibility for ensuring integrity of analysis, which assures the quality and accuracy of insight provision across the function and drives continuous improvements
- Provides financial evaluation and acts as lead decision support finance manager for ad-hoc projects
- Business case Post Implementation reviews and impact of change in market on benefit sensitivity
Financial Accounting & control:
- Has responsibility for all control, accounting and reporting activities for Projects
- Ensuring the financial accuracy of the Group and entity Balance sheet for all areas of responsibility
- Generates full month end analysis detailing variances to plan
- Responsible for the application and review of easyJet's internal labour capitalisation policy and ongoing review of the process, ensuring this is included as part of business cases
- Responsible for the processes and controls over project financial reporting, including forecasting, headcount and implementing process improvements
- Full time
Posted 30 Apr 2021
Closes 30 May 2021
This job was posted to: Airline finance