Finance Manager - Crew
- easyJet - 25 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
FINANCE MANAGER - Crew
easyJet has been decisive in meeting the challenges presented by the current pandemic by cutting costs, reducing our capex while retaining our fleet flexibility and securing an additional £2bn in funding. As Europe emerges from the Covid-19 crisis, easyJet is well placed to strengthen its leading position as a trusted brand offering value for money with an industry-leading network of primary airports.
Our culture, known as our orange spirit, is a real thing. It's people who love to work with fast paced, quick thinking and energetic people. You need to have resilience to work here (as recent events have shown) but the experience you gain is like no other.
As a key member of the Operations Finance team, this role will report into Senior Finance Manager Crew & Fuel providing complete financial ownership and delivery of financial planning, reporting and analysis Crew, including line management of 1 direct report, to support the activities under the leadership of this role. This role also sits within the wider Operations Team and is a key business partnering role.
- Purpose of this role is to be the end to end finance contact for Crew and provide complete financial management and ownership for these areas
- The role provides a business partnership between the business owners and the financial performance of easyJet - including month end deliverables, Strategic and Annual planning, forecasts, projects and providing insightful analysis for the business
- The role provides both current (actuals) and future performance analysis and gives guidance on Forecasts, Budgets and 5yr plans
- The role works collaboratively with Crew to drive and monitor the cost saving initiatives supporting the overall strategic plan, identifying key threats, opportunities and remedial action
Provides a true Business Partner framework to Crew, ensuring that the business owners are supported with the right insight and information. Strong business partnering with cross functional stakeholders including wider finance team, Operations & Commercial teams to ensure seamless communication and integrity of results and forecasts.
Business Performance and Analytical support :
- Ownership for monthly detailed analysis and insight into the costs which can be used to drive business performance and improve the cost base
- Responsibility for accurate weekly P&L and cash forecasting into consolidated model
- Leads the team in developing a good understanding of Crew and supports on understanding within Fuel
- Supporting creation of budget pack detailing variances and strategy by country for presentation to senior management and for procurement
- Provides financial evaluation and acts as lead decision support finance manager for ad-hoc projects and cost saving initiatives
Financial Accounting & control:
- Has responsibility for all control, accounting and reporting activities for Crew
- Ensuring the financial accuracy of the Group and entity Balance sheet for all areas of responsibility; including the timely production and review of all balance sheet reconciliations and journals in accordance with easyJet accounting policies
- Generates full month end analysis detailing variances to plan and tracking the effectiveness of cost saving initiatives for Crew
- Responsible for the production of month end reporting packs and consolidated commentary for Crew
- Full time
Posted 30 Apr 2021
Closes 30 May 2021
This job was posted to: Cabin crew manager