Finance Analyst - IT
- easyJet - 24 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
FINANCE ANALYST - IT & DATA
easyJet has been decisive in meeting the challenges presented by the current pandemic by cutting costs, reducing our capex while retaining our fleet flexibility and securing an additional £2bn in funding. As Europe emerges from the Covid-19 crisis, easyJet is well placed to strengthen its leading position as a trusted brand offering value for money with an industry-leading network of primary airports.
Our culture, known as our orange spirit, is a real thing. It's people who love to work with fast paced, quick thinking and energetic people. You need to have resilience to work here (as recent events have shown) but the experience you gain is like no other.
As a key member of the Corporate Accounting and Planning team within Finance, this role will report into the Senior Finance Manager responsible for the IT, Data & Projects team. The team has two key objectives - business partnering IT, Data and Change Portfolio functions and ownership of the end to end accounting and forecasting for these areas (including budgeting).
As this role covers a large, complicated and varied IT & Data function, the analyst will work closely with senior members of non-finance teams, as well as the usual interactions with the wider Finance team.
- To provide effective analytical support to the Senior Finance Manager for IT, Data & Projects
- Providing insight on the key drivers for cost changes and supporting to close the gap where deviation occurs.
- Creating certainty and confidence in the numbers delivered
Provides a true Business Partner framework to IT ensuring that the business owners are supported with the right insight and information at all times. Business partnering with cross functional stakeholders including wider finance team, IT and procurement to ensure seamless communication and integrity of results and forecasts.
Accounting & Control
- Ownership of end to end accounting and control for the IT & Data functions: accurate month end accounting of actuals (including BS reconciliations), accurately forecasting future performance (monthly and annual PBT forecasting and planning), reconciling differences between actuals and forecasts, analysis (including insight and recommendations), annual budgeting and Outlook lead
- Performance of standard monthly processes and timetabled actions and deliverables for the function, supported by accurate and detailed workings
- As part of forecasting the full year PBT, understanding the detail (at a level below account by account to truly understand the operation) within each cost centre of movements in actuals and forecasts compared to budget and latest forecasts. Including tracking risks and opportunities
- Preparing the monthly manual journals for cost centres of posting to accruals, prepayment, other and, once signed off, ensuring are accurately and completely posted
- Prepare PBT forecast and ensure that the detail of variances to budget and prior forecast are understood driving continuous improvements in the forecasting process. Ensure that Risks and Opportunities for each function are owned and managed.
- Supporting on projects across Corporate Finance & Planning which drive cost effective and efficient processes as required by Senior Finance Manager.
People Leadership, Relationships and Influence
- Co-ordinating inputs from Cost Centre Owners across the function and managing them to ensure deadlines are adhered to
- Maintaining effective cross functional relationships.
- Supporting any deep dive projects with analysis.
- Managing and mentoring junior members of the team
- Full time
Posted 30 Apr 2021
Closes 30 May 2021
This job was posted to: Airline IT