Production Supervisor - 1st Shift
- GE Aviation - 280 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Rutland, Illinois, United States
The Production Supervisor will report to the Business Leader and will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role, you will utilize your experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
The Production Supervisor will:
- Develop production line manufacturing plans consistent with the goals and objectives of the operations department annual budget plan (first shift)
- Strive to keep all variances related to achieving business objectives, monitoring increases and decreases in production demand
- Support, encourage and facilitate Lean Manufacturing principles by providing adequate time for training and for project teams to accomplish continuous improvement projects
- Provide direction to support needs of each production area, including manpower, work assignments, scheduling of overtime, and training
- Arrange for and provide adequate staffing to meet the production schedules set by production planning consistent with current business levels
- Develop and support the growth of all employees
- Support all company workplace policies including attendance and safety objectives
- Work with HR to develop a performance oriented work environment encompassing timely employee feedback, probationary reviews for new employees and timely disciplinary action when warranted
- Strive to maintain an accident-free work environment by frequently leading safety training sessions and cultivating a safety mindset throughout the production team
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
Minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 30 Apr 2021
Closes 29 May 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager