Senior System Safety Engineer
- GE Aviation - 280 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
You'll be joining a small team of specialists at varying points in their career which means your work will be dynamic and diverse which will keep your interest ignited, and you play a key role in growing the safety teams capabilities.
As the systems engineering approach is relatively new to our propellor team, you will have the opportunity to really make an impact, providing guidance to the business, ensuring that we develop the right systems to meet our customer's needs and ensure that safety is considered from the outset.
You will promote a culture of Safety engagement across the organization, which emphasizes shared responsibility in achieving safe designs and establish yourself as a Safety CVE, responsible the sign-of ff of certification related safety documentation.
If all this information excites you, read on and apply!
Job Description Essential Responsibilities
Promote a culture of Safety engagement across the organization which emphasizes shared responsibility in achieving safe and reliable designs
- Provide strategic technical leadership and maintain oversight of the System Safety engineering activities across commercial and military development projects
- Lead projects to a successful outcome by setting the Safety plan, coordinating Safety support with internal and external customers, influencing emerging designs, driving proactive Safety team engagement, performing Safety analyses, and resolving technical issues
- Grow the Safety organization's capabilities by sharing knowledge of aircraft operations, aircraft-level Systems development, Systems engineering principles, and Safety engineering practices
- Steer future technology roadmaps by participating in technology / methodology trade studies and research / development programmes
- Engagement of internal and external customers
- Maintain knowledge of industry standards
- Work towards Safety CVE status for certification sign-off of safety related documentation
You're an aviation expert. With a degree in Engineering, or with an equivalent level of relevant experience in the place of, you have knowledge of civil certification requirements (e.g. 14CFR-25, CS-25, 14CFR-35 and CS-P) and direct experience performing System Safety engineering tasks using techniques defined in SAE International ARP4761, MIL-STD-882, DEF STAN 00-56 and AC/AMC 25.1309.
You demonstrate the ability to conduct detailed Safety analyses of complex Systems. This could be mechanical systems (like the propeller products you would be focused on here), or, you could be more aligned to some of our other avionics products and wanting to learn something new. What's key here is that you're keen to learn as well as applying your expertise because you will have the opportunity to be exposed to other products further along your career journey with us!
Of course, it's not just about the technical! You consider yourself to have strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the experience and confidence in presenting to senior stakeholders within the business.
You also have a passion for guiding, influencing and developing future talent.
In short you would feel comfortable in meeting the following which are considered important of our leaders within GE;
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
In addition to the "must-haves", there are of course "nice-to-haves" which we would consider advantageous but not a deal breaker;
- Knowledge of the following: ARP 4754, RTCA DO-178B/C and DO-254
- Knowledge of processes leading to compliance with industry regulatory standards
- Knowledge and experience of performing reliability analyses, Prediction and FMEA, on mechanical systems
- Ability to apply engineering fundamentals and System Safety engineering principles to a variety of product areas (e.g. Avionics and Power Distribution)
- Full time
Posted 30 Apr 2021
Closes 29 May 2021
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager