Lead Engineer - Aerodynamics
- GE Aviation - 280 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead aerodynamic design for advanced turbine components (Frames, HPTs and LPTs) and technology while acting as primary aero focal for small scale tasks with regular technical oversight.
- Execute trade studies to meet technical and project requirements while collaborating with horizontal organizations.
- Develop advanced skills in preliminary & detailed aerodynamic design, including use of advanced numerical and experimental techniques.
- Analysis of engine test data to validate component design versus technical requirements.
- Participate in formulating and implementing plans to achieve technical and program requirements, schedules and contract commitment.
- Support the definition and development of turbine aerodynamic processes related to design, analysis, test, and/or productivity.
- Participate in, and lead technical reviews.
- Monitor and communicate project status, business issues and significant developments as appropriate.
- Document technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of IT, engineering, scientific or other technical experience)
- At least 3 additional years of experience in an engineering position
- Advanced Degree (M.S / Ph.D.) in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering relevant to turbine aerodynamics (Doctorate students graduating in Spring 2021 are encouraged to apply).
- Experience with aerodynamic design of turbines or close coordination with the turbine aero design function.
- Proficient with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and/or aerodynamic testing techniques.
- Strong technical aptitude, including proficiency in tools related to aerodynamic design, testing, and system development.
- Awareness of state of the art in turbine aerodynamics.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
This role can be done remotely or can be based at our headquarters location in Cincinnati, Ohio.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 30 Apr 2021
Closes 29 May 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager