Staff Engineer - Power Electronics
- GE Aviation - 280 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Vandalia, Illinois, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Defining the physical configuration optimized to convert mechanical inputs that develops an electrical system energized to produce electricity.
Addressing the configuration of electrical apparatus and systems, especially of main generators, of power electronics devices, switchgear, transformers, bus bars, cables, non-conducting materials and comprehensive system integration concepts.
- Developing specialized knowledge in their discipline. Serves as best practice/quality resource. Has awareness of latest technical developments in own area. Contributes towards strategy and policy development, and ensure delivery within area of responsibility.
- Has in-depth knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; has working knowledge of competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Uses judgment to make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems in areas of operational/product management, manufacturing, technology or engineering. Takes new perspective on existing solutions. Uses technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own function to arrive at decisions.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with moderate risks and resource requirements. Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus. Developing persuasion skills required to influence others on topics within field.
- Ensure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provide engineering / technical leadership in a production environment
- Familiar with Engineering Change (EC), Root Cause Corrective Analysis (RCCA), Cost Analysis, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Electronics Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in an engineering position
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work/lead in multidisciplinary teams
- Lead initiatives of complex scope and impact
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Strong project ownership, execution, and proactive mentalities.
- Expert level in the essential principles of electrical circuits and power electronics
- Hands on experience with the essential principles of magnetics and transformers
- Familiar with circuit design tools such as LTSpice and Altium Designer
- Hands on experience designing, manufacturing, or troubleshooting electrical circuits
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion
- Full time
Posted 30 Apr 2021
Closes 29 May 2021
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer