Lead Engineer - Turbine Aerodynamics
- GE Aviation - 301 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Garching an der Alz, Bayern, Germany
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead aerodynamic design, testing and analysis of high and low pressure turbines, transition duct and turbine center frames.
- Coordinate aero design with other technical disciplines, with understanding of engine integration at system level.
- Manage and drive research and technology activities targeting next-generation applications, including planning of external funding proposals.
- Participate in and lead technical reviews, support design best practices interfacing with the global GE Aviation engineering team.
- Participate in problem solving and innovation initiatives.
- Identify improvement opportunities and apply Lean tools to remove waste.
- Master degree in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering with substantive level of experience in the field of turbomachinery aerodynamics.
- Good understanding of the physics and principles associated with turbine aerodynamic design.
- Proven track record in delivering on complex programs and ability to work in cross-functional global team in multi-cultural environments.
- Demonstrated ability to advance the technology state of the art and ability to generate innovative solutions.
- Fluency in English.
- Hands-on experience in computational fluid dynamics, design optimization and data analytics.
- Experience in scale and full-scale testing, including test planning, instrumentation, test conduct and data analysis.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, able to manage work-load across several activities.
- Quick leaner, flexible attitude, exceptional communication skills.
- Keen listener, proven facilitation and collaboration skills.
- Passion for technical excellence and technology advancement.
- German language.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 28 Apr 2021
Closes 27 May 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager