- GE Aviation - 280 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Batesville, Arkansas, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manufacturing engineering tasks that do not require 4 year degree. Primarily tactical responsibilities. This does not include general administrative work.
- Broadening knowledge of own technical discipline to execute policy/strategy. May include support roles with specialized technical field of knowledge; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- May have some autonomy to make decisions within a defined framework. Resolves issues in situations that require good technical knowledge and judgment within established procedures. Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- A job at this level requires good interpersonal skills and may be required to lead a junior team. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Explains technical information to others.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Manufacturing.
- Use of NX CAD/CAM program to program CNC parts.
- Use of Vericut for NC files as well as maintain revision control on programs and setup sheets.
- Maintain knowledge of carbide tools and adjusting speed and feed parameters for maximum tool life.
- Design and program generation for the machining of fixture tooling for production of details, as directed by process sheets.
- Experience with live tooling lathe programming and off-center milling via Y-axis capabilities.
- Experience with 5-axis milling, both table/table and knuckle/knuckle style, horizontal and vertical.
- Experience with machine probe routines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 27 Apr 2021
Closes 26 May 2021
This job was posted to: Tooling