Lead Manufacturing Engineer - Mechanical
- GE Aviation - 301 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Vandalia, Illinois, United States
Maintain, support and improve the manufacturing processes for the site's top revenue generating product with a focus on improving production yield.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot product failures to determine root cause and corrective action.
- Use production and quality data to drive and implement process improvements to reduce costs and losses.
- Drive and lead impact projects using LEAN or Six Sigma tools that result in significant process improvements.
- Lead cycle time improvements, cost of quality (COQ), and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) actions.
- Manage multiple projects by providing scheduling, resource management, budget control and EHS compliance.
- Collaborate with the design engineering team to improve product manufacturability.
- Ensure documentation for manufacturing processes, engineering designs and technical data is accurate and kept up to date.
- Design necessary tooling & fixtures for manufacturing and process improvements.
- Ensure manufacturing tooling, fixtures and processes are ESD and EHS compliant per site policies.
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing or operations.
- Knowledge of aerospace electrical power systems, production methods and processes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Ability to read drawings and specifications; GD&T experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Lean Six Sigma or equivalent training/experience.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 24 Apr 2021
Closes 23 May 2021
This job was posted to: Planning engineer