Cyber Security Sr Specialist - Testing
- GE Aviation - 280 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify and implement security technology initiatives across test cell networks and data systems, including antivirus, identity management, DLP, SEIM, vulnerability scanning, network security, and virtualization security.
- Work to design and implement projects to transform products within the CTR portfolio through automation orchestration opportunities
- Work with DoD security requirements to develop executable strategies to achieve Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) within a test cell environment.
- Collaborate horizontally with GE Cyber Security experts to interpret and implement company and DoD security requirements within the Engine Test Cells.
- Use data analysis skills and techniques to identify root causes, trends, opportunities for improvement, etc. related to vulnerability management.
- Create and ensure all TSE documentation, including policies, procedures and process diagrams related to data protection (DFARS) & cyber security functions are accurate and up-to-date.
- Stay up-to-date in cyber security industry and serve as best practice/quality resource with awareness of latest technical developments
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with risks and resource requirements. Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus. Developing persuasion skills required to influence others on topics within field.
- Master's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in cyber security related technology and tools ).
- Experience in data security disciplines as relevant to the following: Operating system security (Windows & Linux), Network security, Hardware security principles, Experience in programming languages (e.g. C, C++, C#, Python, etc.)
- Experience with CMM compliance, DFARS, or similar assessment methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on the ability to effectively influence others
- A team-focused mentality with the proven ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily understood, actionable manner
- Established project management skills
- Active US DoD Security Clearance
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 24 Apr 2021
Closes 23 May 2021
This job was posted to: Airport security