Laser Applications & Welding Engineer
- GE Aviation - 301 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Singapore, Central, Singapore
- The Special Process Engineer is responsible for ensuring that laser drilling and welding processes meet quality requirements and operational objectives.
- Generating work instructions and operating procedures for laser drilling and laser welding as well as other welding processes Implement new welding processes in collaboration with product engineers and repair development engineers.
- Work with operations to improve equipment utilization and labour efficiency and reduce operating costs.
- Work with operations and maintenance personnel to minimize equipment downtime.
- Prepare technical specifications for the purchase and upgrading of laser processing equipment and welding equipment.
- Conduct buy-off, machine qualification and process substantiation.
- Conduct Risk Assessments and ensure that laser processes and welding processes are operated in compliance with Environmental, Health and Safety Regulations and Policies.
- Conduct training for special process technicians.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Metallurgy, Materials Science or other Physical Sciences
- 2+ years' experience in laser applications, aerospace, or other related industries.
- Fresh graduates with strong desire to learn and contribute will also be considered.
- Good understanding of laser drilling and welding processes.
- Solid problem-solving skills (ability to manage and resolve conlict, communicate issues and propose solutions to stakeholders).
- Able to multi-task effectively and manage multiple priorities at one time.
- Able to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 24 Apr 2021
Closes 23 May 2021
This job was posted to: Tooling