Embedded Software Engineer
- GE Aviation - 280 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
You will be joining an inclusive and diverse team of experienced technical software engineers who care about ensuring full-lifecycle completeness and consistency. We are committed to improving our project execution through taking a lean and innovative approach to problem-solving and continuous improvement. We share technical knowledge and lessons learnt with others in the team, the department and across the wider engineering organisation. We are passionate about professional growth and developing our team culture, capability & capacity to meet customer needs whilst enabling every engineer to reach their potential through continuous learning and coaching, mentoring and training of team members. If this sounds like an environment in which you would thrive, then this could be the next role for you.
Job Description Essential Responsibilities
Capturing, understanding and documenting the software requirements
- Creating, updating and maintaining software architecture and designs for implementation in various languages such as C, Ada, Assembler
- Understanding and implementing software verification strategies, and creating, updating and performing software tests
- Participating as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Assuring proper documentation of technical data is generated for the assigned projects and tasks are consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Working to rigorous development standards
- Contributing to the business's software engineering strategy
Hands-on experience of software design lifecycle within aerospace, automotive or similar embedded software development environment.
- Experience of designing and implementing real-time embedded software, and subsequent verification.
- Experience of RTCA DO-178B/C, DAL level A or B, or similar.
- Proficiency in C and assembler.
- Awareness of target hardware
- Ability to execute and solve problems autonomously.
- A degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent level of knowledge and experience
Awareness of systems and/or hardware design engineering.
- A general understanding of electrical power distribution systems.
- Demonstrable success in achieving and exceeding internal customer milestones.
- Awareness of Agile and Kanban techniques.
- Awareness of lean methodologies for problem solving.
GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements, where possible, and recognises the benefits to employees of having a positive work-life balance.
At GE Aviation we understand the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings where possible.
As a new joiner to GE we are pleased to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs;
- Non-contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Group income protection
- Private medical cover
- Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with flexible option to buy or sell
- Full time
Posted 24 Apr 2021
Closes 23 May 2021
This job was posted to: Software engineer