Lead Engineer - Facilities Mechanical
- GE Aviation - 301 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The Mechanical Engineer will focus on leading projects that require mechanical engineering acumen within the TFIE group.
• Design and lead the installation of hydraulic, fuel, lube, and compressed air piping systems from a mechanical engineering perspective
• This includes specifying and selecting fluid flow components such as pumps, valves, filters, and heat exchangers
• Define and manage the installation of vendor-provided mechanical systems included hoists, ventilation, fire protection, compressors, and pumps
• Design piping systems in accordance with ASME B31.1 (Code for Pressure Power Piping) and B31.3 (Code for Pressure Process Piping)
• Write design, construction, and procurement specifications, obtain budgetary quotes, and then implement the project once approved
• Work with engineers, outside contractors, and internal GE labor to complete the mission
• Complete or lead the analysis of designs using:
• Heat Transfer Analysis
• or other analysis packages
• ASME B31.1 (Code for Pressure Power Piping)
• and B31.3 (Code for Pressure Process Piping)
• BS/MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or college
• 5-10 years mechanical process design engineering experience
• Computer Skills - comfortable with email, excel, powerpoint
• Licensed Professional Engineer (Could be in any State within US)
• Experience designing piping systems to ASME B31.1, B31.3
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 23 Apr 2021
Closes 22 May 2021
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic