Senior Finance Manager
- easyJet - 25 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
easyJet has been decisive in meeting the challenges presented by the current pandemic by cutting costs, reducing our capex while retaining our fleet flexibility and securing an additional £2bn in funding. As Europe emerges from the Covid-19 crisis, easyJet is well placed to strengthen its leading position as a trusted brand offering value for money with an industry-leading network of primary airports.
Our culture, known as our orange spirit, is a real thing. It's people who love to work with fast paced, quick thinking and energetic people. You need to have resilience to work here (as recent events have shown) but the experience you gain is like no other.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the Senior Finance Manager - Group Technical Accountant is an integral member of the Core Finance Management team. The Group Financial Control team is responsible for ensuring accuracy of all internal and external reporting.
This role exists to ensure easyJet complies with all technical accounting and reporting requirements, including ensuring that:
- easyJet's accounting and external financial reporting are technically compliant, accurate and of a reasonable standard compared with peer group.
- easyJet Board and senior management have appropriate understanding of the technical accounting environment relevant to the business.
- Manage the co-ordination and implementation of new accounting standards, including detailed understanding of the standard, impact analysis on easyJet, the implementation process, disclosure preparation and communication with Board and Senior Management.
- Prepare and present reports to the Audit Committee and senior management on technical matters.
- Active involvement in new projects/business change to ensure that accounting implications are fully understood.
- Lead the asset impairment review process and annual review of residual values and useful economic lives
- Oversee production and maintenance of the group accounting manual, taking responsibility for drafting of complex areas.
- Work alongside third party providers to arrange quarterly technical briefings to develop the wider finance team's technical skills.
- Build constructive relationships both internally, specifically to include tax and treasury, and externally, with easyJet's external auditors and other accountancy firms.
- Full time
Posted 22 Apr 2021
Closes 22 May 2021
This job was posted to: Airline finance