Technical Specialist - Digital Operations
- GE Aviation - 301 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Muskegon Heights, Michigan, United States
- Responsible for all IT systems and applications, broad understanding and knowledge of IT systems, their interfaces, and interactions required, including the administration, design, and maintenance of the server, client, and network infrastructure, in an environment consisting of Windows Clients; Windows, Solaris, and Linux Servers; Oracle Applications including EBS and APEX; Java applications, and Oracle SQL databases and tools.
- Implement and maintain digital information systems to enhance quality, reduce inventory and cycle times, and improve productivity. Partner across all business functions to lean processes and create and support seamless information systems.
- Short-term objectives arise that require the ability to quickly troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Must be able to work with end users and teams in designing and producing solutions to meet requirements. This will require coding in multiple languages and ability to write new applications based on user specifications as well as debug current applications and leverage current code or applications to fit new processes. Employing best practices for design, build, development, unit testing and test plan development.
- Author technical specification documents for implementation and as-built reference.
- Assists in preparing cost benefit analyses Manage lifecycle of leased IT equipment including desktops, laptops, servers and printers.
- Builds, installs, supports infrastructure necessary to keep the business running and meet the needs of current and future applications and other business requirements.
- Works with technical staff to understand and resolve software problems, resolves customer complaints with systems, and responds to suggestions for modifications or enhancements.
- Manage PC lifecycles, software and hardware upgrades, enhancements, feature requests, and new introductions.
- Duties will include supporting customer service and PC hardware management, projects including web application development, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle APEX development, java programming, manufacturing machine interfaces supporting SQL Oracle databases and applications, Cisco networking, IP Telephony, Active Directory, and customer service.
- Communication with other IT team members is critical to understand and coordinate upcoming changes in the environment and in quickly dealing with shared responsibilities. Also, assist others with their projects to provide additional input, point of views, knowledge, or experience.
- Overall prioritization of work is critical to ensure that applications critical to production and with the greatest ROI are completed in a timely fashion. Stay abreast of new technologies and technology trends, determine benefit to the organization, and integrate them into the environment when appropriate.
- Over-time required on occasion and accessibility during non-working hours is mandatory, as manufacturing requires IT team support availability 7x24.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering from an accredited university or equivalent experience.
- Minimum one year Database SQL or programming experience
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Windows / Linux / Solaris Server and Networking background
- Minimum one-year internship working in a medium / large manufacturing business
- Minimum one-year Java experience
- SQL proficiency
- Experience working effectively with a development team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challeng
- Full time
Posted 22 Apr 2021
Closes 21 May 2021
This job was posted to: Airworthiness engineer