Senior Staff Engineer - Power Electronics
- GE Aviation - 280 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
In addition, as the Electrical Component Senior Staff Engineer for Power Electronics will
- Develop new applications of technology for product development of electrical power generation, conversion, transmission and distribution components and systems for advanced aviation applications.
- Develop guidance for and perform design, evaluation and analysis of power electronics including Si, SiC and GaN DCAC and DCDC converters and drives, motor-generators, energy storages systems and complex control systems.
- Partner with electrical system, mechanical and thermal, controls and software, manufacture and test teams to advance the development of electrical systems. Develop and conduct experimental tests and evaluate results, including electrical performance and system integration test, environmental tests and electromagnetic compliance (EMC) test.
- Define and develop hardware and software partitioning, software functionality and perform Hardware in the Loop (HiL) validation. Execute resolutions of challenging technical issues related to DCAC and DCDC power systems and components coordinating with a diverse technical team.
- Demonstrate technical leadership in communicating the business priorities, programs and processes for and area of business segment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited College or University
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Engineering
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Power or Controls Engineering from an accredited College or University (OR Master's Degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience in electronic hardware design and development for power electronics applications.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in electrical component hardware design and development for power electronics applications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Project management: demonstrated ability to lead programs/ projects though planning, marketing and development, and execution phases.
- Demonstrated ability to generate detailed system and component hardware and test specifications, Interface Control Documents, work with partners and customers to optimize requirements and deliverables.
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis in Power Electronics.
- Prior work experience in aerospace power generation and conversion products, aviation electrical power system, high frequency electro-magnetic design, embedded controls for power electronics, and transient/dynamic electric system theory and analysis.
- Prior work experience in power electronics circuit design, controls, testing and troubleshooting of electrical power systems using modeling and simulation analysis tools such as Saber, PSPICE, Matlab, Simulink, PLECS, EMPT, etc.
- Prior experience developing and implementing digital data bus architectures and (e.g. RS-422, ARINC429, CAN)Expertise in 2D/3D electromagnetic finite element design and implementation of magnetics and capacitors for pulse width modulated converters.
- Strong technical background in mechanical and thermal design, Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC).
- Familiarity with commercial aircraft and/or engine control system certification (e.g. 14 CFR 33.28), and power systems control theory with DSP and FPGA based controllers.
- Strong technical background in military and commercial qualification specifications (such specifications include MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-461, DO-160, DO-178, DO-254, and DO-311).
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, perm
- Full time
Posted 20 Apr 2021
Closes 19 May 2021
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager