Advanced Lead Engineer - Analog/Digitial Circuits
- GE Aviation - 280 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Responsible for departmental operations planning/execution or is focused on execution of professional activities within a technical discipline. Functions with some autonomy but guided by established policies or review of end results.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, test, and troubleshoot analog and digital electronics circuits of medium and high complexity
- Provide technical guidance for the definition and selection of analog filters, transistor circuits, op-amp circuits, interface circuits, signal conditioning, A / Ds, D / As, on-board power supplies, etc.
- Provide technical guidance for the definition and selection of digital filters, logic circuits, complex logic, microcontrollers, I / O and communication interface circuits, logic families, digital memory, etc.
- Specify and select discrete components (capacitors, resistors, inductors, semiconductors, connectors, etc.)
- Provide guidance for the layout of PCBs; define power planes, critical circuits, and circuit board materials
- Perform control stability measurements and analysis on various analog circuits and propose solutions to improve performance
- Define, select, and specify magnetics (inductors and transformers) for analog circuits, including materials
- Create designs that minimize parasitic RLC and follow EMI / EMC best practices as they apply to analog and digital
- Work with team members who are designing additional power stage and control/protection components such as PWB' s, CCA, IGBT' s, power diodes, etc.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an Analog/Digital Designer position
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in aerospace industry highly desirable
- Ability to utilize analysis tools such as PSPICE, Matlab Simulink, and ANSYS
- Ability to work with others
- Ability to work in a laboratory / drive cell environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Understanding of Design for Manufacturing, Design for Test, and Design to Cost
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Strong lab hands-on experience and trouble-shooting ability
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 20 Apr 2021
Closes 19 May 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager