Mechanical Design Engineer - Electronics Packaging
- GE Aviation - 301 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned Electronics Packaging projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product /program requirements. This work would include mechanical and/or electrical engineering across multiple product lines to best define the design and qualification requirements for power generator control units and associated electronics packages.
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline and analytical thinking and technical experience to execute policy/strategy.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market.
- Uses some judgment and has some ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters to address more complicated designs and manufacturing processes with technical variety and/or interdependent production cycles. Uses technical experience and analytical thinking. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own teams to arrive at decisions.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Explains information; developing skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field. Conveys performance expectations and may handle sensitive issues.
- Relevant bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem solving skills
- Engineering Master's Degree from accredited university or college
- Ability to perform stress, fatigue, thermal and vibration finite element analyses using ANSYS software including Icepak.
- Experience in the packaging of high temperature and high power electronics modules
- Experience in thermal materials and solutions
- Experience in aerospace component design and packaging
- Ability to perform tolerance stack-ups and experience with G, D & T
- Experience in design for shock and high vibration environments
- Experience in commercial certification or qualification regimes of aerospace products
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to write test procedures and test reports
- Understanding of Design for Manufacturing Understanding of manufacturing cost and reproducibility
- Experience with Unigraphics (NX)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, g
- Full time
Posted 19 Apr 2021
Closes 18 May 2021
This job was posted to: Design engineer