Lead Power Electrical Systems Architecture and Design Engineer
- GE Aviation - 280 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
- Design Power Systems Architectures
- Utilize power electronics, power generation and distribution, controls, software, and simulation expertise to work with the customer in defining requirements
- Work with subsystem leads in developing, allocating, validating, tracing, verifying, and documenting requirements
- Perform system analysis, safety analysis, modeling, and simulation
- Drive the development of system test plans and procedures
- Lead system test execution and analysis of test data
- Define safety of flight and qualification tests and ensure that critical safety aspects of electric system are tested and verified to enable flight test program
- Work with both real-time and non-real-time systems such as: hardware-in-the-loop and computer-in-the-loop simulations
- Support project estimation, budgeting, planning, and program reviews
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in an engineering role
This role requires use of technical data subject to U.S. Government contract restrictions and this posting is only for U.S. Citizens. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Experience in requirements development, verification and validation of avionics power systems (preferably on commercial applications)
- Experience with avionics electrical power systems (Generator, Inverter, Converter), technical requirements, and certification requirements
- Experience with applicable engineering tools and systems (i.e. DOORs)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to contribute in a team environment
- Experience in program or project leadership in an engineering environment
- Experience of RTCA DO-178B/C, DO-254, SAE ARP4754A or similar rigorous development standard
- Understanding of MIL-STD-704, DO-160
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 19 Apr 2021
Closes 18 May 2021
This job was posted to: Design engineer