Lead Security Specialist
- GE Aviation - 280 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The Lead Security Specialist will:
- Guarantee compliance with all government regulatory requirements across the contracting and program life cycle, with particular emphasis on the National Industrial Security Program (NISP).
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with NISPOM physical security and industrial requirements
- Participate in security related assessments and evaluations to ensure compliance with government regulations associated with the protection of classified materials
- Conduct security pre and post construction reviews and makes recommendations for compliance with guidance for construction, expansion and modifications of secure facilities
- Drafts and a dminister policies, practices and metrics which reflect the security posture of the business's PHYSEC function
- Conduct self-reviews and risk assessments; develop mitigation plans and concept of operations to support threat assessments and vulnerability analysis.
- Assist with security reviews to include: Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) site visits and formal self-inspections
- Conducts investigations into NISP, counterintelligence and Insider Threat Incidents; develops reports detailing analysis, mitigation and corrective action
- Expert knowledge of JPAS, DISS, NISS and other security information management systems.
- Develops and conducts security education awareness training and briefings
- Ability to develop and implement internal function auditing systems
- Closely interact with program management, facilities, engineering, and broader security team
- Provide a safe and secure workplace for the employees, contractors, visitors and suppliers
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with a minimum of 4 years industrial security experience)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a NISP, government compliance, Department of Defense setting, or security function.
- Must possess an active Secret clearance
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Established project management skills
- Ability to maintain flexibility to deal with changing priorities and deadlines
- Able to work independently with little management oversight and follow tasks and projects to completion
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 17 Apr 2021
Closes 16 May 2021
This job was posted to: Airport security