Sr. Electronic/ Metrology Technician
- GE Aviation - 280 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Clearwater Beach, Florida, United States
- Provide advanced technical and instrumentation equipment repair work; troubleshooting, modifying, testing, calibrating, adjusting, repairing, and installing electronic, digital and analog equipment and monitoring devices with minimal support.
- Troubleshoot complex equipment utilizing equipment schematics, manuals, procedures and knowledge of the assigned technology, systems, and components.
- Perform the calibration of test equipment in any of the following disciplines: electrical, dimensional, optical, pressure, physical/mechanical in order to ensure compliance with published specification/procedures.
- Complete calibration activities prior to their due date. Run reports from calibration database as required to track equipment status to avoid any overdue calibrations. Collect, compile, measure, summarize, and record data gathered during calibration.
- Analyze calibration data to determine if the readings are "in tolerance" and if required perform out of tolerance evaluations, including calculations and processing required for "out of tolerance" documentation.
- Develop / modify calibration procedures and methods, according to detailed specifications, blueprints, drawings, other technical requirements, and conduct uncertainty analysis to ensure documentation conforms to Quality Systems requirements.
- Responsible for training technicians as assigned.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 2-year technical degree / certificate in a directly related discipline (or 2-years of equivalent industry experience).
- Familiarity with computer hardware and software, including PCs operating in a DOS or Windows environment; extracting failure data, basic PC troubleshooting and component replacement.
- Proficient at using Microsoft Windows and Office products, including Excel & Word to accomplish calibration activities.
- Ability to utilize the internet / supplier's websites to research replacement equipment / components as required.
- Ability to read and understand technical information and instructions, including schematics, manuals and procedures.
- Skilled in the safe use of hand and power tools required.
- Demonstrated depth and breadth of product and industry knowledge and ability to communicate that knowledge to others.
- Effective communicator with both verbal and written skills required to successfully communicate with Management, Engineering, Colleagues, Equipment Technicians and Operators and Suppliers.
- Must possess a Florida's driver's license and successfully pass the GE Aviation Safe Driver Course.
- Ability to lift / move material up to 35 pounds. May be required to work with hazardous materials.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Proficient in the use of commercial calibration management software / database.
- Familiarity with Product Data Management (PDM) systems for locating technical data.
- Ability to disassemble, repair and reassemble fixtures, cables and other hardware used to test electronic products. Soldering skills / certifications (e.g. J-STD-001) are also desired.
- Experience maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing of Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs) and electronic products.
- Skills required for the operation, repair, modification, calibration and maintenance of Automated Test Equipment (ATE's) both commercial and internal built.
- Experience with military electronic test systems (e.g. CASS, RTCASS or ECASS).
- Minimum of 6 years of related job experience.
- Prior experience working in a team-oriented environment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 17 Apr 2021
Closes 16 May 2021
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer