Senior Manufacturing Engineering Leader
- GE Aviation - 301 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Auburn, Alabama, United States
Work closely with the site Operations leaders in a highly matrixed organization.
- Lead a team of 10-20 direct reports, consisting of Manufacturing Engineers and Process Specialist Engineers.
- Lead the Manufacturing Engineering team supporting the Auburn site to reach defined targets in safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Effectively communicate a deep understanding of technical manufacturing concepts, approaches and methodology used.
- Lead product/program strategies, technical roadmaps, new/alternative equipment qualification, risks mitigation actions.
- Support and review of annual budget definition for CAPEX. Manage P&E budget assigned..
- Concur with maintenance team to find utilization time equipment optimization opportunities using new monitoring tools like smartshop.
- Drives improvement as a key function in the cross functional organization, bridging the gap between engineering and operations to increase products producibility.
- Ensures continuous process improvement and robustness with respect to best in class benchmark. Concur with quality in the definition of process improvement strategy focused on Problem Solving method, as well as FTY and TRY increase
- Provides mentoring and guidance to the team. Investigate through the skill matrix knowledge gaps inside the team and define a gap refill plan.
- Support planned audit schedule and following corrective actions implementation.
- Support EHS improvement plan.
- Communicates across the organization managing participation to daily and weekly operational rhythms (PCC and CCC)
- Investigate OCPH reduction opportunities related to consumable materials
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college Engineering (or High School / Technical Diploma with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing, of which at least 2 covering a Manufacturing Engineering role
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 17 Apr 2021
Closes 16 May 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager