Principal Cyber Security Architect
- GE Aviation - 280 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
This position will be a hands-on technology leader, responsible for the secure design, automation and implementation of GE's current and next generation infrastructure technology and engineering applications to adhere to Department of Defense (DOD) requirements and guidelines. You will be responsible for in-depth domain knowledge in cyber security architecture, technology, tools and strategy. They are responsible for working with multiple security regulations and requirements from multiple teams to drive standardized architecture, products and strategies that can be utilized across multiple environments. You will be a cyber security expert representing the organization both internally and externally with strategic suppliers, partners, stakeholders and customers to ensure the solutions implemented meet both current and future needs of the business, compliance and engineering functions.
Your work will require deep expertise and an ability to work across multiple technical or functional domains while ensuring consistency in the technology used to provide on premise and off premise services and application to the engineering community.
• Work to understand engineering, security, and technology requirements related to the infrastructure technology products and engineering applications to subsequently translate those into a clear, consistent strategic technology roadmap, build consensus to your vision and recommendation, influence leadership support to execute successfully and implement successfully.
• Leverage expertise in cyber security technologies and strategy to help lead, mentor, and grow junior and mid level career architect team members: compute, data storage, data center, operating systems, database, networking, HPC, security tools/cyber, virtualization, automation, cloud and engineering applications for on premise and off premise deployments
• Drive the development of security solutions with reusable components that can be leveraged in different ways to meet globally diverse business requirements from a broad stakeholder community with input and requirements from multiple security teams.
• Evolve security posture in current legacy service and solution offerings into next generation capabilities aligned to new and emerging business needs and security requirements such as on premise and off site cloud capability, automation, and DoD security requirements.
• Lead the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development, solution implementation and/or operational support activities across multiple teams or complex scenarios.
• Develop, implement and practice a robust, quantitative technology security evaluation process. Document adherence to security requirements criteria and testing strategies, quantify results, trade-offs and recommendations using a data-driven approach to support conclusions.
• Work in partnership with your peers and colleagues to ensure and implement a cohesive wing-to-wing full tech stack.
• Support the adjacent development of workload management and job scheduling tools aligned to and integrated with technical focus areas such as: containerization, cloud services, machine learning, artificial intelligence and big data services.
• Balance cost, quality, performance, capability and productivity variables effectively.
• Design, develop and analyze technology roadmaps as well as an implementation plan based on current vs. future state in a cohesive manner and in collaboration with your colleagues, peers and adjacent service owners.
• Develop, review, analyze and maintain current security architectures and system design documentation for related products and services.
• Provide leadership, technology guidance and mentorship throughout the domain.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 8 years designing, developing, building, and implementing security solutions and strategies containing at least 3 of the following enterprise infrastructure technologies: compute, data storage, data center, operating systems, database, networking, HPC, security tools/cyber, virtualization, automation, cloud and engineering applications for on premise and off premise deployment
• Due to the nature of
- Full time
Posted 15 Apr 2021
Closes 14 May 2021
This job was posted to: Airport security