Materials Planning & Execution Specialist
- GE Aviation - 301 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Vandalia, Illinois, United States
Job Description Essential Responsibilities
- Work order management in accordance with the production schedule from release to completion, including shortage tracking, scrap replacements, and outside processes.
- Relay material shortages to the sourcing and planning functions; communicate shortage impacts to the operations/production team and track to fulfillment.
- Maintain a status of all work in process (WIP). Coordinate with the production supervisor/coach on upcoming work order releases to align with the production schedule and customer commitments.
- Attend regular operating rhythms and be prepared to discuss material status, delinquency/delivery, and schedule changes.
- Participate in and lead process improvement projects, value stream mapping events, and action workouts.
- Work in a cross-functional team to support the production personnel, idenify issues & implement corrective action, and drive lean initiatives/improvements.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing or Materials Planning)
- Experience with ERP (Oracle R12 preferred) and understanding of business KPI's around cost, inventory, and cash flow.
- Ability to influence others; strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Focus driven to work through probelms and implement a sustainable solution
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 14 Apr 2021
Closes 13 May 2021
This job was posted to: Planning engineer