- GE Aviation - 295 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Vandalia, Illinois, United States
Maintain, support and improve the manufacturing/testing processes for aircraft electrical power generating products. Additional responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot product failures to determine root cause and corrective action.
- Use production and quality data to drive and implement process improvements to reduce costs and losses.
- Drive lead / cycle time improvements, cost of quality (COQ), and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) actions.
- Manage multiple projects by providing scheduling, resource management, budget control and EHS compliance.
- Ensure proper documentation for manufacturing processes, engineering designs and technical data is accurate and kept up to date.
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization and work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment to meet customer expectations and complete projects on time and within budget.
- Lead and effectively interface with production planning, engineering, sourcing, and production teams to complete projects to meet EHS, production, quality, cost, goals and budget.
- Design necessary tooling & fixtures for manufacturing and process improvements.
- Ensure manufacturing tooling, fixtures and processes are ESD and EHS compliant per site policies.
- Participate in LEAN initiatives and engage Six Sigma tools for process improvements.
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university (OR a Mechanical Engineering degree with minimum 3 years of experience in electronics manufacturing).
- One to three years of experience in manufacturing or operations.
• Knowledge of aerospace electronic systems, production methods and processes.
- Strong electrical aptitude.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Six Sigma training or preferred quality training.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 13 Apr 2021
Closes 12 May 2021
This job was posted to: Testing