Business Security Specialist
- GE Aviation - 301 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with government regulatory requirements as related to the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) with an emphasis on Personnel Security (PERSEC).
- Basic knowledge of government databases to include JPAS, DISS, e-QIP, and SWFT; ability to utilize this knowledge to perform assigned duties.
- Initiate, review, and release applicant e-QIP (SF86), as well as conduct required fingerprinting associated with background investigation request.
- Provide assistance to applicants on the completion/corrective actions/submission of personnel security documentation.
- Review and provide verification of employee security clearance eligibility and access levels.
- Utilize company security databases and other tools to track personnel security processes through the life-cycle of an individual's security clearance.
- Collaborate across the PERSEC function and other functions within the Industrial Security Operations organization, along with external functions i.e. Contracts, Global Security, and IT.
- Participate in security related assessments and evaluations to ensure compliance with government regulations associated with the personnel security function of the NISP.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with a minimum of 2 years personnel security experience)
- Must possess an active Secret clearance
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with little management oversight
- Flexibility to deal with changing priorities and deadlines
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 13 Apr 2021
Closes 12 May 2021
This job was posted to: Airport security