Technology Manager - Engineering and Maintenance Systems
- easyJet - 24 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 25 years ago, and we don't intend on stopping. We may be facing the biggest challenge in our history, but we are confident that throughout the pandemic we have taken the right action to build back stronger and better - and we want you to play a part in that and #belongherewithus.
We know that flexibility, balance and wellbeing are more important than ever right now. Whether that's working remotely, part time, or needing extra support when times are tough - we are always #happytotalkflex.
We're Europe's leading airline - with a network of over 1000 routes across 35 countries. We lead the industry in data, digital, web, engineering and operational innovations, to make travel easier and great value for our customer.
We have also been named as Britain's Most Admired Company of 2020 in the transport sector, retaining the leading position for a second year running. We support. We empower. We excite. And we do it our way. We're uniquely different. We're easyJet.
We are recruiting a 12 month fixed term contract working in the IT Technology Digital Workforce team in the role of Technology Manager - Engineering & Maintenance. Working in a dynamic environment, the Technology Manager is responsible for the end to end management of systems within agreed timeframes, cost and quality parameters using internal and third party teams. You'll work closely with the easyJet business and wider IT, Data and Change teams to deliver new products and services in the change portfolio and maintain existing systems.
The E&M team support our colleagues who plan and execute the maintenance of the easyJet fleet across our entire network. It's an operationally critical business area required to meet regulatory and safety needs to ensure a safe flying schedule. Key systems we provide include maintenance planning & operations, aircraft technical records and engineers' training & certification. As well as being responsible for production support and maintenance we have a number of small and large change projects.
- Define and maintain the roadmap for assigned applications, products and technology services partnering with other IT, business and supplier stakeholders
- End to end ownership - building, supporting and continually improving the technology in your control Supports business systems programme/project managers for delivery matters
- Engages with Service Management, supporting the activities of service design and service transition
- Ensures all design, quality and security governance processes are followed in line with the direction set out by Strategy and Architecture
- Holds overall responsibility for delivery of change to the agreed schedule, within timescales and to budget
- Contributes towards delivery of a diverse portfolio of projects for multiple stakeholders
- Identifies conflicts and dependencies between teams and raises these with the relevant project managers
- Ensures project and operational risks and issues are captured, tracked and appropriate actions taken
- Leads the collaborative, dynamic planning process, prioritising workload against the capacity and capability of the team
- Continuously drives process improvements both internally in solution delivery and in the wider IT community
- Champions and encourages adherence to process and standards
- Actively participates in the IT community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practice.
- Third party supplier relationship and performance management adhering to easyJet's Supplier Relationship Management framework
- Team leadership and line management to build and maintain a high performing team
- Platform quality and resilience in partnership with Architecture, InfoSec and Service Delivery
- Financial and budget planning and control for assigned technology services
- Full time
Posted 12 Apr 2021
Closes 12 May 2021
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager