Design & Structures Engineer
- easyJet - 13 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 25 years ago, and we don't intend on stopping. We may be facing the biggest challenge in our history, but we are confident that throughout the pandemic we have taken the right action to build back stronger and better - and we want you to play a part in that and #belongherewithus.
We know that flexibility, balance and wellbeing are more important than ever right now. Whether that's working remotely, part time, or needing extra support when times are tough - we are always #happytotalkflex.
Different perspectives and experiences add value to the way we do business. Giving a 'warm welcome for everyone' is at the heart of what we do every day regardless of gender identity and expression, race, disability, age, sexual and/ or romantic orientation, religion and nationality; because it's clear to us that our people set us apart.
We have also been named as Britain's Most Admired Company of 2020 in the transport sector, retaining the leading position for a second year running. We support. We empower. We excite. And we do it our way. We're uniquely different. We're easyJet.
Our Design and Structures team is responsible for handling all structural damage, repairs and modifications on our single aisle Airbus fleet as well as performing Part M / CAMO functions to ensure Continued Airworthiness.
The word 'Design' in our title refers to our Part 21 Subpart J Design Organisation Approval (DOA). Using this approval, we have the capability to approve minor modifications, repairs and unrepaired damage.
As a Structures subject matter expert, you will be required to generate structural repair files for aircraft departing the fleet at End of Lease (EOL), attend off-site inspections with the lessor and resolve any resulting queries in a timely manner.
You'll ensure Service Bulletin (SB) and Airworthiness Directive (AD) compliance, confirming applicability and ensuring engineering requirements are accomplished within stipulated timescales.
In addition to being a focal point for structural issues, you'll also advise and coordinate with other areas of the business on matters including cabin interiors, branding, safety equipment, external livery, placards and markings.
You'll be contributing to support our round-the-clock Part 21 'on-call' cover for the front line operation, sometimes when our customers are at the departure gate or even on board our aircraft.
We are committed to easyJet's Safety Policy and will look to you to perform investigations into Safety Reports, identifying root cause, preventative actions and corrective actions.
With such a comprehensive skill base within this key Engineering function, you will actively steer easyJet to achieve an important part of 'Our Plan' to seamlessly connect Europe with the warmest welcome in the sky.
- Help deliver a successful aircraft End of Lease (EOL) programme for aircraft departing the fleet.
- You will join a roster providing 24/7 Part 21 standby cover as part of your job function.
- You will work in co-ordination with easyJet's Maintenance Control Department to minimise the effect of structural defects on the easyJet operation
- Whilst working under easyJet's Design Organisation Approval you will comply with the requirements of easyJet's Design Organisation Handbook and Design Organisation Procedures
- Liaison and correspondence with Type Certificate Holders, Supplemental Type Certificate Holders and third party Design Organisations on technical and commercial issues
- As part of the team responsible for aircraft structures you will play an essential role in the management of in-service damage and accomplishment of resultant rectification actions in a timely and efficient manner
- Travel within the United Kingdom and internationally, occasionally at short notice and outside of normal working hours to apply your expertise to support Aircraft On Ground (AOG) events and EOL inspections
- Provide support to the Fleet Engineering EASA Part M / Part CAMO function.
- Full time
Posted 8 Apr 2021
Closes 8 May 2021
This job was posted to: Design engineer