Business Analyst - Airport Systems
- easyJet - 13 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 25 years ago and, in recent times, have faced the biggest disruption in our history, but we are back flying and want you to come and join us. We carry more than 96 million passengers annually, over 1000 routes across 36 countries. We lead the industry in data, digital, web, engineering and operational innovations, to make travel more easy and affordable for our passengers. We take sustainability seriously, and we are the first major airline to operate net-zero carbon flights across the whole of our network.
easyJet has been decisive in meeting the challenges presented by the current pandemic by cutting costs, reducing our capex while retaining our fleet flexibility and securing an additional £2bn in funding.
As Europe emerges from the Covid-19 crisis, easyJet is well placed to strengthen its leading position as a trusted brand offering value for money with an industry-leading network of primary airports. This time has taught us more about flexibility, balance and wellbeing - whether that's working remotely, part time, or needing extra support when times are tough - because it's clear that our people and passion set us apart. When you fly with us you'll see we have bags of passion for travel and getting you to your destination with the best experience possible. Working in our non-flying roles is no different and our culture - known as our orange spirit - is a real thing - and it's people who love to work with fast paced, quick thinking and energetic people. You need to have resilience to work here (as recent events have shown) but the experience you gain is like no other.
As a business analyst you will work with and collaborate with, a variety of stakeholders to identify, analyse and refine business needs, translating these into requirements. Situated in IT, it's a fast-paced environment where you will be responsible for helping easyJet implement solutions in a cost-effective way by producing the correct documentation through clear elicitation, aligning to Ops, IT and security strategy, ensuring the highest standards and practices are upheld.
You will be accountable for:
- Requirements elicitation - Working with business and IT stakeholders to define, challenge and document clear requirements using the appropriate techniques
- Creating and managing required documentation, to timescales agreed with the Project and Technology Managers planning, driving the analysis phase of the projects, utilising the right tools available (Jira, confluence, MS teams)
- Using structured analysis to understand the full impact of proposed business change, including dependent processes and systems, using a range of tools and techniques
- Business process modelling, mapping as-is and to-be processes and journeys using appropriate techniques
- Stakeholder Management - building strong and trusting relationships with Operations, 3 rd party suppliers and internal IT colleagues and stakeholders of all levels.
- Internal and external stakeholder mapping and analysis
- Scope definition and maintenance, challenging where appropriate
- Working with all business areas to help define an appropriate and compliant solution to meet business requirements and scope
- Release support of new systems, continual delivery and updates/upgrades and new functionality of exiting systems
- Producing test scripts as required for IAT and UAT and working with relevant departments to ensure correct level of testing is completed
- Supporting and identifying improvements to current systems and processes
- Staying up to date with business analysis practices and methodology
- Full time
Posted 7 Apr 2021
Closes 7 May 2021
This job was posted to: Airline IT