Lead Accelerator Engineer
- GE Aviation - 219 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Job Description Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop building processes, tooling and equipment and purchase components to construct prototypes that meet specification, cost and schedule.
- Document as necessary on repairs and builds.
- Assure that Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) policies are followed.
- Ensure tooling, fixtures and processes are ESD and EHS compliant.
- Assist in equipment development and capital improvement projects
- Develop processes that improve Technical and Manufacturing Readiness level.
- Manage multiple projects by providing scheduling and supervising lab assistants.
- Develop Lab Assistants capabilities growth and development with training
- Lead and effectively interface with Manufacturing, Engineering, Sourcing, Test and Project Management to complete projects meeting quality, cost, and specification goals.
- Technical Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- 5 years of experience making electro-mechanical prototypes
- Previous fabrication experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization and work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to document, plan, and build and repair prototypes.
- Strong customer orientation
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 7 Apr 2021
Closes 6 May 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager