Lead Sustaining Engineer
- GE Aviation - 219 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Pompano Beach, Florida, United States
This role is for engineers fully competent in all conventional aspects of electronic product design, test, and troubleshooting.
- Lead all testing and troubleshooting of GE Aviation Electrical Power SiC modules, power products and related test systems in a sustaining engineering environment.
- Execute on design improvements of power electronics-based products. Perform analysis of requirements and support product and test equipment re-designs. Generate engineering change proposals.
- Executes on specifying and implementing test equipment including programming, maintenance, and repair (automatic test equipment (ATE), bed-of-nails, component test, and custom test equipment),
- Capable of independently evaluating, selecting, and applying standard design and test engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Develops requirements and generates designs for product improvements to optimize testability and supportability. Documents work on programs involving new concepts and products.
- Mentors other engineers and technicians in troubleshooting techniques, test technology and standard processes and procedures.
- Prepares material for and participates in customer reviews and presentations.
- Leads product transitions to manufacturing. Provides support on the manufacturing floor for troubleshooting of product test problems.
- Capable of performing independent work on special projects (e.g. Lean initiatives, process optimization and cost out).
Experience & Knowledge:
BS Electrical Engineering or Technology. Five to ten years' experience related to design and development of power electronics products/components and test systems. Troubleshooting and testing of electronic products and test equipment in a sustaining engineering environment.
Desired Skills & Competencies:
Possess solid analog and digital circuit design capability with strong troubleshooting skills to component level. Competency in use of a variety of electronic test equipment (e.g. O-scopes, DMMs, power analyzers) required. Knowledge of Military Standards (e.g. RTCA/DO-160, Mil-STD 810,461/462 and 704).
Ability to design and write software for use in test equipment applications; Computer Skills/Languages: C/C++, LABVIEW, VISUAL BASIC, NI Test Stand and Microsoft programs.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 6 Apr 2021
Closes 5 May 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager