Field Service Engineer
- GE Aviation - 222 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Field Technician will work on a team or individually, to assist on large component replacement, troubleshoot mechanical and / or electrical repairs, direct and coordinate crews,
oversee contractors, and repair wind turbine components throughout the Brazil.
- All resources, and logistics required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers'
- These activities contribute to, maintain, repair and refurbish sold or existing
- As the Field Service Technician you will: work on site life extensions, repairs and inspection
- related service activities able to be performed at customer site. Works together with people from the business unit.
- Contacts are under guidance and/or geared towards specifying activities, planning of activities and giving explanations on technical issues. Targeted clients. Works on the basis of predefined contracts and frameworks. Some latitude to deviate from those conditions.
- Major Components Exchange, Up Tower and Down Tower repair
- Troubleshoot complicated mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical problems on variable pitch / variable speed turbines
- Help in all areas of site preparation (coordination of labor and materials) with minimal supervision
- Document all work performed using computer based service reporting procedures
- Communicate site status to engineers, customers, and management
- Electrical basic skills
- mechanical basic skills
- Previous service experience on industrial machinery
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Quick learner
- Customer relationship experience & skills
This is a Field Support Role supporting customers throughout Florida and other parts of the US as needed. Position will be based from a home office. Travel expectations are 75%.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 6 Apr 2021
Closes 5 May 2021
This job was posted to: Flight simulation