Human Factors Specialist
- easyJet - 13 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 25 years ago, and we don't intend on stopping. We may be facing the biggest challenge in our history, but we are confident that throughout the pandemic we have taken the right action to build back stronger and better - and we want you to play a part in that and #belongherewithus.
We know that flexibility, balance and wellbeing are more important than ever right now. Whether that's working remotely, part time, or needing extra support when times are tough - we are always #happytotalkflex.
Different perspectives and experiences add value to the way we do business. Giving a 'warm welcome for everyone' is at the heart of what we do every day regardless of gender identity and expression, race, disability, age, sexual and/ or romantic orientation, religion and nationality; because it's clear to us that our people set us apart.
When you fly with us, you'll see we have bags of passion for travel and getting you to your destination with the best experience possible. Working in our non-flying roles is no different, and our culture, known as our Orange Spirit, is a real thing. We work hard and laugh loud. We roll our sleeves up and we get stuck right in. It's fast paced, and you need to be resilient, but the experience you gain when developing in #orangeyears is like no other - one year at easyJet is like three years somewhere else.
We're Europe's leading airline - with a network of over 1000 routes across 35 countries. We lead the industry in data, digital, web, engineering and operational innovations, to make travel easier and great value for our customer.
We take sustainability seriously. We're acting on carbon now, as the first and only major airline in the world to offset 100% of our direct carbon emissions as well as stimulating the development of radical new technologies to ultimately achieve zero-emissions flying in the future.
We have also been named as Britain's Most Admired Company of 2020 in the transport sector, retaining the leading position for a second year running. We support. We empower. We excite. And we do it our way. We're uniquely different. We're easyJet.
The Safety Risk team report to the Head of Safety and is responsible to the Director Safety, Security & Compliance for the design, delivery, and maintenance of the safety risk management processes across easyJet and to oversee the continuous improvement of easyJet risk management performance. This includes the investigation processes, and the change management processes. The team comprises a multi-disciplinary team of professionals who together maintain the easyJet Safety Management System (SMS).
The Human Factors (HF) Specialist will conduct technical work to deliver the objectives of the Human Performance programme and our safety management system. This includes investigations, safety culture development, HF in training and HF in design.
Human Factors are increasingly important to the safe and efficient operation of our airline. To respond to this need, we are increasing our HF resource. This is also seen as a developmental role and is about building individual and team capability for the future.
- Conducting and supporting internal safety investigations, wider operations analysis and risk assessments with HF expertise, to determine causal factors, and identify and implement system wide improvements;
- Use initiative and judgement to support the implementation of the Human Performance programme and SMS;
- As a trusted advisor, work closely with operations to provide technical expertise to assist decision making;
- Use existing knowledge to answer challenging questions related to HF on a day-to-day basis;
- Develop and deliver HF training across the business, including managers, safety investigators, pilots, engineers, cabin crew, and ground operations;
- Engage with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Full time
Posted 2 Apr 2021
Closes 2 May 2021
This job was posted to: Engineering training