Lead Test Automation Engineer
- GE Aviation - 219 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop modular, reusable test architectures for manufacturing and engineering design verification
- Develop test software that interfaces with a range of test equipment
- Develop custom automation solutions to engineering and manufacturing challenges using a combination of embedded electronics and innovative hardware
- Work closely with Product Design Engineers and Manufacturing Engineers to ensure a testable product is being developed and influence the design to increase product reliability and test coverage.
- Make recommendations for design, process improvements, and data collection
- Define and implement project plans, manage milestones and hold reviews to assure reliable test systems are delivered
- Write Equipment Verification Plans, Equipment Operation Procedures, and Test Reports against product requirements
- Investigate test failures and communicate/execute recommended actions
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or computer engineering
- 3+ years LabVIEW Development experience
- National Instruments Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer (CLAD)
- 3+ years of experience in test software development, automation, manufacturing, embedded electronics, or related field
- 3+ years of experience working with research and development and manufacturing engineering teams
- 1+ years of experience automating processes and testing to improve manufacturing yields and reduce production time
- 3+ years of experience supporting test, automation, etc. to transition products from development to manufacturing
- Extensive knowledge of physical sensors, such as current transducers, pressure transducers, accelerometers, flowmeters, and temperature sensors
- Extensive knowledge with a range of interfaces including GPIB, USB, VISA, TCP/IP, CAN bus, SPI, I2C
- Experience / Understanding of electromechanical production processes.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Master's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or computer engineering
- National Instruments Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD) or Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)
- Experience with test equipment, including thermal chambers, data acquisition systems, pressure controllers, DMMs, etc.
- Development experience in Python, MATLAB, and Embedded C
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 2 Apr 2021
Closes 1 May 2021
This job was posted to: Testing