Lead Manufacturing Engineer (Weld Engineer)
- GE Aviation - 219 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Norwich, Connecticut, United States
Essential Responsibilities :
- Define and control production process including tooling and equipment.
- Validate design specifications and shop floor application of new product, tools, or equipment.
- Develops new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations.
- Works together with business leadership at SPB and EB level.
- Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done.
- Delivers products as part of a team includes Manufacturing Engineers.
- Works on cross functional teams.
- Alternatively: Leads analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Manufacturing).
- Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Production Process and Equipment.
Desired Characteristics :
- Bachelors in Weld Engineering/Welding Technology
Experience in GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding)
- Experience in Laser Welding
NADCAP experience (National Aerospace and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program)
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 2 Apr 2021
Closes 1 May 2021
This job was posted to: Planning engineer