Human Resources Manager- GE Aviation Wilmington, NC
- GE Aviation - 222 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Wilmington, California, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- \"Walk the floor,\" and be available for employee & manager needs
- Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple managers and employees with specific focus on: employee advocacy/engagement, conflict resolution, HR fundamentals and process training, employee relations management, performance management, career development, talent assessment, acquisition and retention and workplace investigations as appropriate
- Partner with the site HR Leader to execute site-specific HR strategies and drive cultural initiatives and transformation across the site, including LEAN & TWI fundamentals
- Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, investigated and resolved
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, performance management/discipline, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment
- Lead key HR processes including Supervisor Training, Staffing Selection Processes and Onboarding, employee development, etc.
- Assist with other HR special projects or initiatives as needed
- Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years' experience in HR domains)
- 4+ years' experience in HR related disciplines such as recruiting, training, performance management, cultural transformation, HR operations, and compensation
- Ability to work, on occasion, a varied schedule to be available for employees on off-shifts
- Passionate, employee advocate who wants to make a difference in the organization by helping employees succeed and enjoys employee facing work
- Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees at all levels with a strong customer service focus
- Clear thinking / problem solving: successfully led cross functional projects / process improvement, strong analytical skills
- Confidence / Assertiveness: strong influencing skills across functions; confidence to approach employees and managers with difficult messages and defend position; equally, confidence to advocate strongly for employees
- Supportive team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment; ability to diffuse a tense situation
- Applies solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance, & confidentiality
Experience in a manufacturing environment
- GE HRLP Graduate or graduate of a similar program
- PHR/SPHR certification
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 31 Mar 2021
Closes 29 Apr 2021
This job was posted to: Airline HR