FMS User Interfaces Advanced Lead Engineer - Engineer 4
- GE Aviation - 219 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Querétaro Arteaga, Mexico
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop Software by following a Development Life Cycle. Consistent contributions in Requirements, Design, Development, Validation and/or Verification by using a Software Development Methodology.
- Coach and mentor Lead Engineers in the analysis, design, test and/or integration related to assigned Software Systems Development, meeting business standards, practices, and procedures as well as the product/program requirements.
- Contributes as career mentor for LPB and PB engineers.
- Lead and develop improvement strategies for products and processes.
- Lead the team's technical proficiency and growth.
- Lead Software architecture definition, analysis, and improvements.
- Lead and Influence on User Interfaces architecture improvements interacting with Technical Leads and Software/Systems Architects.
- Review and approve LPB work and lower.
- Define and, along with management, be accountable for project-planning schedules, including resources, needs, funding and product definition releases.
- Concurrently lead multiple technical projects and business initiatives, monitoring progress and quality and ensuring that schedules are met.
- Identify and Lead continuous improvement projects to increase team's On Time Delivery, Product Efficiency, Cost Efficiency and Quality.
- Proactively creates and communicates program execution plans to ensure product quality and delivery.
- Effectively communicate and provide recommendations to internal and external GE customers through the analysis, preparation, and presentation of technical data.
- Participate in the debugging and fixing of User Interface software and real time applications.
- Conduct technical assessments and develop action plans to anticipate and respond to problems.
- Supports User Interfaces Team technical growth strategy by providing robust technical assessments and actions plans aligned with long term strategic goals.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Electronics, Mechatronics or similar plus 8 years of experience in Software related activities or have a Master's Degree in a related field plus 6 years of experience or a PhD Degree in a related field plus 4 years of experience.
- Demonstrated experienced on Flight Management Systems software.
- Demonstrated experienced on User Interfaces Software and Elements for embedded systems.
- Demonstrated experienced on UI development tools such as SCADE, Kanzi or Altia.
- Demonstrated experienced on Real Time Operating Systems.
- Demonstrated experience on high complexity software.
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience on product line engineering and reusable architectures.
- Demonstrated experience on leading and coaching large Software development teams.
- Demonstrated experience on defining technical growth strategies.
- Demonstrated broad and solid experience in Software and/or Supporting Systems. Specialization in more than one of the stages of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Recognized experience on Low Level verification and Low-level verification tools.
- Recognized knowledge of requirements engineering, deriving high level or system requirements into software low level requirements and detailed designs.
- Recognized knowledge of Software Configuration Management.
- Recognized knowledge of Software Quality policies, assurance and related documentation.
- Demonstrated Leadership Skills.
- Demonstrated experience on Lean and continuous improvement tools and processes.
- Proven experience in reviewing and approving shippable software deliveries.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish to be able to handle meetings and technical conversations.
- Excellent presentation skills: Ability to communicate with the Senior Leadership team and with Professional Band Engineers based on the audience in question.
- Resilient and able to adjust to adjust to priority changes and ambiguous situations. Ability to balance independent work and appropriate consultation downwards and upwards.
- Full time
Posted 31 Mar 2021
Closes 29 Apr 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager