Lead Embedded SW Development Engineer
- GE Aviation - 219 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Pinellas Park, Florida, United States
Role and Responsibilities:
- Architects, designs and/or programs/develops a small module or a large component, feature, set of features, whole feature area or entire embedded software product. Some areas of expertise may include, but is not limited to, networks, operating systems, cybersecurity, databases or applications.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the established product roadmap referred to as the Multi-Generational Technology Plan (MGTP) / Multi-Generational Product (Development) Plan (MGPP).
- Proven track record of accomplishments and meeting cost / schedule targets
Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks. Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor with proven interpersonal skills or an early people leader who can hire and develop talent. Provides informal guidance to new team members
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Engineering and Technology.
- 5 years of experience programing embedded software
- 3 years of experience with C programming language
- Experience in a development role for a DO-178B/C project
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in full life cycle software development
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
- Real-time Operating Systems and Hypervisor technologies knowledge. Xilinx Standalone operating environment experience .
- Network driver experience applied to different commercial embedded real-time operating systems.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 30 Mar 2021
Closes 28 Apr 2021
This job was posted to: Product support