Senior Welding Engineer (EWI/IWE)
- GE Aviation - 222 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
This role will cover Senior Process Engineering, Joining (Welding and Brazing) & Thermal Processing scopes. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise and be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the
overall business strategy.
A successful candidate will be the Technical Expert and Special Process Owner supporting advances in state-of-the-art technology to improve manufacturing process quality and cost. This candidate will lead process innovation projects in Supply Chain to support Lean, Cost-Out, NPI, Digital Solutions local to residency site as well as the global GE Aviation Network. This candidate will also lead initiatives for process capability entitlement to ensure stable robust operations for operators while providing formal mentoring for early career professionals.
Technical process ownership:
•Technical owner for assigned process/-es, local resource and first point of contact with issues or opportunities in technical domain (including New Repair Methods implementation and development)
•Ensure that process/-es achieve/-s target metrics (productivity, delivery, quality, and safety)
•Advise Supply Chain leadership on how to meet technical requirements as defined by internal/external standards
•Proactively utilizes Root Cause and Corrective Actions (RCCA) to identify and implement process improvements
•Special Process Owner for owned process/-es
•Secures funding and assets as needed
•Responsible for mentoring and developing early career individuals in current domain
II. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Remain current in the state of the art within technical specialty for new product introduction, performance improvements, cost reductions , delivery improvements, safety , and problem resolution. Investigate , define , and execute an industrialize strategy to deploy New Technologies supporting continues improvement and improve current business needs.
- Act as Special Process Owner or delegated Special Process Owner (if current qualification does not meet necessary qualification defined by aeDMS 259.08 and local Quality procedures)
- Support other GE businesses, supplier s , vendors , and internal / external customers
- Serve as a recognized leader in defining the state of the art in own technical specialty in order to anticipate, develop and apply technology to current and future business opportunities locally and externally
- Provide engineering support, within one's specialty to extended teams
- Leverage expertise to resolve problems in the field or within the manufacturing processes
- Provide recommendations after analysis of the data using quality tools
- Protect the Intellectual Property rights of the Company
- Function as program manager when appropriate
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers
- Develop and implement training modules as necessary
- Provide process expert support in New Product Implementation projects challenging existing shop capabilities
- Execute and Support EHS and Quality projects providing/leading root cause definition and implementation of Corrective Actions / Preventive Actions.
- Lead and execute EHS and ergonomics projects
- Lead and/or participate in Projects and Mission Based Teams that target changes and improvements
- Active/pro-active participation in production meetings and taking the lead on solving technical issues on their own initiative.
- Overcome obstacles which are impeding continuous material flow in production and process excellence
- Managing, developing, and implementing all the technical enablers of a safe, quality, and efficient repair process including industrialization efforts of the new repair solutions for the assigned processes and product
- Routings (task lists), Methods / Work Instruction (HELP Sheet / Tech Sheet), required Materials incl. locally manufactured (SPAD), Fixtures, Tools & Supplies, Environment, related Trainings, New Equipment, etc. in accordance with internal and external procedures, requirements, and practices
- Continuous monitoring of process quality and output
- Rework, Process First Time Yield (FTY), Delivery and Cost metrics for exceptions and trends
- Define and implement corrective and improvement actions utilizing data for prioritization and business justification
- Proactively apply LEAN principles and tools in everyday work.
- All other duties as assigned within the job scope.
- Proactive self-starter with proven a
- Full time
Posted 29 Mar 2021
Closes 27 Apr 2021
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager