ATC Senior EHS and Facilities Leader
- GE Aviation - 222 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
The EHS and Facilities Leader will ensure the site continues to meet all EHS, security and facilities requirements. Work to resolve any issues when they arise, including Root Cause investigations and Corrective Actions. They will demonstrate leadership in and accountability for business goals & commitments, and metrics.
- Lead health and safety programs for accident and injury prevention (e.g., ergonomics, IH, Haz-waste) based on their qualifications.
- Actively participate in decision-making and management of the Health and Safety Program.
- Ownership of training, inspections, and customer interaction around planning and job execution. Help develop and communicate EHS goals for the location/operation, and review, approve, and implement policies and procedures that impact EHS and Security
- Help define employee EHS training needs and select training tools. Deliver training or participate in the selection of qualified individuals to deliver training and verify delivery of training.
- Assist with the evaluation of the EHS Framework Work Plan Elements on an annual basis and serve as an element owner where needed.
- Is knowledgeable and able to comply with all regulatory agencies (OSHA, EPA).
- Ensure facilities alignment with production plan and KPIs.
- Optimize facilities inventory and process improvements.
- Maintain security responsibility for the site.
- Applies general knowledge of the Aviation business developed through education or previous experience. Understands how work of own team contributes to the shop.
- Interprets simple internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes, or services. Stays informed of industry trends that may inform work.
- Creates energy to deliver site goals through creation and comprehensive communication of practical \"hands on\" strategies.
- Communicates difficult concepts with transparency and may influence others' opinions on specific topics. May guide others to consider a different point of view.
- Uses high level of judgment to make decisions and handle complex tasks or problems in areas of operations, product management, manufacturing, technology, or engineering.
- Consult on shop floor lean initiatives that may impact safety of all employees.
- Global and horizontal collaboration with other additive sites across the IPT driving the Safety Hoshin-Kanri
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience)
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Manufacturing/Operations or Operations Leadership
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- Prior Environmental, Health and Safety experience
- Minimum of 2 years supply chain experience
- Knowledge of metal powders and their risk (in relation to 3D printing)
- experience with Environmental, Exposure & Fire risks
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
- ATC Air Traffic Controller Licence
Posted 27 Mar 2021
Closes 26 Apr 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager