Senior Engineering Project Manager
- GE Aviation - 219 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Pompano Beach, Florida, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing and managing engineering / technology projects. Interfaces with internal/external customers to ensure organization resource allocation is made. Accountable to deliver the scope of work to the original cost estimate. Manages schedule, budget and integration of NPI and/or requisition projects, including influencing the projects to meet customer CTQs and hit tollgate milestones. Project is often a component of a program.
- Developing specialized knowledge in their discipline. Serves as best practice/quality resource. Has awareness of latest technical developments in own area. Contributes towards strategy and policy development, and ensure delivery within area of responsibility.
- Has in-depth knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; has working knowledge of competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Uses judgment to make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems in areas of operational/product management, manufacturing, technology or engineering. Takes new perspective on existing solutions. Uses technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own function to arrive at decisions.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with moderate risks and resource requirements. Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus. Developing persuasion skills required to influence others on topics within field.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- At least 10 years of experience in engineering
- Restricted to US Citizens
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in Engineering
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to guide and influence others
- Strong process orientation in approach to work
- Six Sigma training or equivalent quality training
- Project management and team organization experience
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others and create cohesive groups
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 19 Mar 2021
Closes 18 Apr 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager