- GE Aviation - 222 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Clearwater Beach, Florida, United States
The Product Engineer will support hands-on debug of manufacturing product and test equipment, support root cause investigations, identify and deliver corrective actions, and execute product or test equipment updates for Revise Create Job Requisition 06:38 AM 03/18/2021 Page 1 of 6 obsolescence or cost out activities. This also includes coordinating or supporting manufacturing improvement activities such as: product lean events, developing debug and guided troubleshooting tools, and developing and utilizing data analytics to identify and drive improvements. On new product developments, the Product Engineer is responsible for ensuring lessons learned are fed back to the design team, coordinating Design for Test and Manufacturing activities and preparing the product for transition to manufacturing.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to manufacturing including hands-on debug of product and test systems.
- Perform engineering investigations and responses for Root Cause and Corrective Action investigations including development of Change Impact Assessments.
- Execute product and test equipment design changes for obsolescence management, product improvement and cost-out activities.
- Participate in improvement projects (e.g. Product Work-up events, develop debug tools, develop guided troubleshooting aids, etc.).
- Collaborates with others including manufacturing, quality and other engineering teams to solve issues.
- Support program management to interface with external customers on technical issues.
- On new product developments, review product architecture and test strategy for Design for Manufacture/Design for Test strategy.
- Provide manufacturing lessons learned feedback into the design process.
- Coordinate product preparation and transition to manufacturing.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related engineering degree from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in engineering.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to document, plan, and execute programs.
- Ability to manage own time to meet task schedule, cost and quality objectives.
- Application of problem solving and root cause corrective action tools and process.
- Experience in the Aerospace/Avionics industry.
- Experience with complex electronics design, test and/or manufacture.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 19 Mar 2021
Closes 18 Apr 2021
This job was posted to: Product support