Batch Process Engineer - Plant 2
- GE Aviation - 222 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Rutland, Illinois, United States
- Provide technical oversite and ownership of Surface Finish Technologies for jet engine component blade manufacturing.
- Primary process focus is peening (manual and automated), chemical cleaning/etching and NDT (nondestructive testing, specifically FPI).
- Responsible for operational safety, quality and process control, process uptime, continuous improvement, and equipment/process investment strategies.
- Define and control production process including tooling and equipment for specialized processes
- Facilitate and drive process improvements to meet business metrics
- Validate design specifications and shop floor application of new product, tools, or equipment
- Develops new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations
- Works together with business leadership at SPB and EB level
- Works together with shop operators and programming technicians
- Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done
- Delivers products as part of a team
- Works on cross functional teams
- Leads analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
- 3 years of manufacturing experience
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- Experience in process optimization / improvement
- Experience working in forging or machining processes.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 19 Mar 2021
Closes 18 Apr 2021
This job was posted to: Planning engineer