- GE Aviation - 222 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
- Technical process ownership for structural and combustion hardware for aircraft engines.
- Specific focus will be on CNC machining and welding
- Work cross functionally with quality and design engineers to ensure that new processes achieve established metrics
- Translate technical processes and methods to train and empower production employees in the manufacturing techniques required for greatest yield effectiveness & equipment capability
- Assist Production Supervisors and production employees in resolving manufacturing process problems through a drive to root cause and permanent corrective action
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university or college (OR a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years experience in manufacturing)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Production Processes or Equipment
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering OR Associates / Technology degree with hands-on machine shop experience
- Prior experience with machining, welding, and Non-Destructive Testing (FPI and X-Ray)
- Self-motivated to get the solution with reasonable amount of time and financial support
- Communicate effectively with operators, peers, and management, in both written and oral manners
- Six Sigma or equivalent Quality training
- Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions using structured methodologies such as Root Cause Analysis (RCA), five-why, Kepner Tregoe (KT), etc.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Strong influencing skills
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 19 Mar 2021
Closes 18 Apr 2021
This job was posted to: Planning engineer