Data Systems Staff Engineer - Testing
- GE Aviation - 222 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for gathering and translating customer requirements into executable product specifications.
- Work collaboratively to design, procure, and evaluate data systems and software for acquiring instrumentation data from engine and rig tests.
- Responsible for execution of laboratory and field validation testing and data acquisition for use in the design and validation of products and services.
- Remain current in the state of the art within own technical specialty for new products introduction activity, performance improvements, cost reductions and problem resolutions
- Create proper technical documentation for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Has in-depth knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; has working knowledge of competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Uses judgment to make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems in areas of operational/product management, manufacturing, technology or engineering. Takes new perspective on existing solutions. Uses technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own function to arrive at decisions.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with moderate risks and resource requirements. Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus. Developing persuasion skills required to influence others on topics within field
- Master's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in embedded systems or software development ).
- Experience designing and integrating data acquisition hardware, embedded systems, and software development.
- Experience in precision instrumentation level signal acquisition and data processing.
- System level integration and data alignment across platforms.
- Familiarity in measuring and analyzing data for acoustics and vibration testing.
- Owning and executing technical roadmaps, developing state of the art systems, and experience planning for long-term support of legacy systems
- Experience with software languages like C++, java, python.
- Experience designing software products using modern development tools and processes.
- A team-focused mentality with the proven ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily understood, actionable manner
- Established project management skills
- Active or eligible for a US DoD Security Clearance
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Full time
Posted 19 Mar 2021
Closes 18 Apr 2021
This job was posted to: Product support