Advanced Lead Engineer - Electronic Hardware
- GE Aviation - 222 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Pinellas Park, Florida, United States
- Conduct design, schematic capture, component placement, layout constrains, PWB stackup, layout review/approval.
- Conduct board bringing up, integration, and verification activities.
- Participate in Design for Manufacturing (DMF), maintainability, and testability concepts.
- Take part in design architectural trade studies and proposals.
- Collaborating with customers to understand their needs.
- Provide mentorship to junior engineers.
- Leading and coordinating multi-disciplinary design teams
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 6 years' of professional experience in circuit card design.
- Knowledge of board level design process from requirements development, schematic capture, implementation, integration, and verification.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
- Ability to break down complex problems and apply critical thinking.
- Strong professional technical writing and technical communication proficiency.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering with 10+ years of professional experience in digital design.
- Experience with Gigahertz microprocessors, FPGA, CPLD, DDR3 or DDR4 memory, flash memory, Gigabit Ethernet, and PCIe.
- Experience in mixed signal board design. AtoD's, DtoA's, Signal Conditioning, Filtering.
- Experience with large pin count devices, 1000+ pins with 0.8mm device pitch or smaller.
- Experience in High Density Interconnect (HDI) technologies (micro vias, buried / blind vias, back drilling) for IPC Class 3 board.
- Experience in design of 5+ Gbps serial links. (10GBASE-KR, PCIe Gen3, Fiber Optics)
- Experience in board conducting simulations including Power Integrity (PI) and Signal Integrity (SI).
- Familiarity with the Mentor Graphics Expedition Enterprise and Hyperlinx PI/SI.
- Experience crafting with CAN, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC 429, ARINC 664.
- Experience with OpenVPX and PIC-SIG standards.
- Experience in the Mil/Aero/avionics
- Familiarity with OrCAD PSPICE or LT Spice, Mathcad, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 19 Mar 2021
Closes 18 Apr 2021
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer