Site Industrial Hygiene Leader
- GE Aviation - 219 jobs https://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ https://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
In addition, the Site Industrial Hygiene Leader will:
- Perform exposure assessments as necessary to identify and mitigate harmful outcomes for employees
- Provide subject matter expertise on industrial hygiene and safety topics, including confined space safety
- Manage the site Radiation Safety Program and ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements
- Collaborate with Facilities Engineers, Maintenance, and contractors to ensure the safe handling of asbestos-containing materials during construction and renovation activities
- Manage projects and initiatives across cross-functional teams to ensure timely and financially appropriate outcomes
- Collaborate with EHS staff and site Ergonomics Leader to identify trends, implement strategic initiatives, and drive reduction in injuries.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in EHS, industrial hygiene or safety / ergonomics
- Strong knowledge of OSHA regs
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company as well as organizations outside GE Aviation (contractors and regulatory agencies) as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills (training/presentation, facilitation, team building, communication)
- CIH (Certified Industrial Hygienist) certification
- Proven record of problem solving, results and accomplishments
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Full time
Posted 19 Mar 2021
Closes 18 Apr 2021
This job was posted to: Project manager